Dec 15, 2019
The SuperTux Team is excited to announce the availability of SuperTux 0.6.1. This is first and foremost a bugfix release that fixes reported issues after the release of 0.6.0 a year ago, however, we also introduced a lot of other changes, such as new graphics, levels and other game content.
- Rework of the first 3 Bonus Worlds
- Added 3 new bonus worlds to the core game
- Improvements to the story mode
- Addition of Ghost Forest to the Story Mode
- New Backgrounds and Music by BlasterMaster
- Tiles and Sprites Improvements by Alzter, weluvgoatz and RustyBox
- New enemy: The Ghoul
- Fixes and optimizations (Fixing buggy controls, game speed, etc.)
- Level Editor Improvements, Fixes and Optimisations
- Revamp of the Credits Menu
- Blocks (and other objects behaving like blocks, such as lanterns) no longer jitter when stacked on top of one another
- Trampolines as bonus block contents no longer hurt Tux
- An issue causing music not to get saved in the level editor was fixed
If you’d like to help with SuperTux development, you can find more resources in our wiki at https://github.com/SuperTux/supertux/wiki. Please get in touch with us. The fastest way is usually IRC, but please wait if you don’t get an answer immediately. We urgently need more graphic designers and developers for future releases, help in these areas would be really appreciated.
A big thanks to all of our translators who worked very hard to translate the new strings in time.