SuperTux is a open-source classic 2D jump'n run sidescroller game in a style similar to the original Super Mario games. Learn more…
Dec 23, 2018
The SuperTux team is excited to announce the availability of the stable release 0.6.0 after almost two years of development.
- Complete redesign of the icy world and forest world (Thank you, RustyBox and Serano)
- Complete revamp of our rendering engine, the game should be much faster than it was previously
- We now support OpenGL 3.3 Core as well as OpenGL ES 2.0, thus allowing SuperTux to be run on the Raspberry Pi, and potentially WebGL.
- A few graphics have been updated, and effects have been added
- The save bell was reworked (Thanks to Raghavendra “raghukamath” Kamath!)
- Improved big Tux graphics and animations (Thanks to Alzter)
- Various effects and shaders (Thanks to Grumbel)
- Support for right-to-left languages through vector fonts. This will also fix a few non-ASCII characters, which often caused problems before in translations
- A lot of other under-the-hood changes and bugfixes
- Official Linux binaries
Note: If you’ve previously used torches in your levels and their positioning is off, please re-position them. We had to re-align their bounding boxes in order to fix bugs with their flame.
If you’d like to help with SuperTux development, you can find more resources in our wiki at https://github.com/SuperTux/supertux/wiki. Please get in touch with us. The fastest way is usually IRC, but please wait if you don’t get an answer immediately. We urgently need more graphic designers and developers for future releases, help in these areas would be really appreciated.
A big thanks to all of our translators who worked very hard to translate the new strings in time.
Read more news posts in the news section.